Shopping cart

Your Shopping Cart is Empty

Permit Information for California Resellers
Published at 2012-10-06 00:44:59
For purchasing merchandise from MBA Trading Group, no permit is required. Individuals as well as Business Houses can buy merchandise with the condition of minimum order of one case, load or truckload.

To resell the merchandise in California, reseller permit requirement is mandatory. The reseller’s permit gives benefit of tax-free merchandise purchase within California. California residents without a reseller’s permit have to pay Sales tax at the rate of 8.75% at the time of purchase.

When a seller’s permit is required…

·       If the business is in California.

·       If personal property is to be sold, which will legally incur sales tax if sold at retail.

·       If sales are to be made at one or multiple sites for a temporary period of less than 30 days.


Seller’s permit is required by…

  • Individuals.
  • Partnerships.
  • Corporations.
  • Organizations.
  • Co-ownerships like Husband/wife.
  • LLP's.
  • LLC's.

Reseller’s Permit Registration

Wholesalers and retailers alike need reseller’s permit.

Registration at Field Offices of Board of Equalization

Permits are normally issued on the same day by registering in person at one of the Board of Equalization’s field offices. There are special info packages with registration application for different businesses.


Registration by mail.

·      Apply by calling 800-400-7115, if calling from outside of the 48 contiguous states, call 916-445-6362.

·       Representatives help is available permit questions Monday through Friday from 8-5 P.M. Registration packets are mailed within a day and permit is issued in two weeks.

·       TDD contact: 800-735-2929


Online registration

·       Apply through website by visiting the California Board of Equalization at<< a=""></<>

·       The Reseller's Permit Application can be printed from the Board of Equalization website.

·       Access the phone numbers of the Board of Equalization offices in California by clicking


Upon completion, the application can be hand delivered or mailed.


This information above has been collected from the California Board of Equalization Website (